AppSumo Community Guidelines
Hey Sumo-ling! We are so excited that you’re here. Come in, make yourself at home, have an ice-cold lemonade, and mingle with your fellow taco lovers. We only have a few house do’s and don’t’s — follow these and you’ll have the time of your life!
- Add value. Leave reviews with use cases and constructive feedback.
- Use the upvote function (vs. commenting “+1”) to help fellow Sumo-lings see the most relevant and helpful posts first.
- Test out the product before you review. We have an industry best 60-day money-back guarantee, so we ask that you buy and try a product before you give us feedback. That being said, if you have any questions about the product, feel free to ask!
- The best questions are specific and helpful to the community. Questions about specific feature functionality, use cases, upgrades, roadmap, etc. are all welcome and encouraged!
- Show us how you’re using the tools! Feel free to share your site, videos, or content if they showcase the product in use. (No affiliate links, please.)
- Let us know if you encounter bugs or a lack of functionality.
- Use the search feature (CTRL/CMD + F) to find a topic within the comments section before you post. Chances are, your question has already been answered so we can keep it clean.
- Don’t harass other Sumo-lings or partners. Racism, sexism, homophobia, tacoism (it’s a thing, look it up) will not be tolerated.
- Be disrespectful. Our partners have worked hard and spend a lot of time engaging with Sumo-lings and answering questions. We show our thanks by being respectful towards them. Read: please don’t leave rude reviews.
- Hold your tacos “hostage” — we spend months negotiating deals and do everything we can to make each deal beneficial for partners and Sumo-lings alike. If you don’t like the deal terms as they are, that’s okay, then this deal may not be for you.
- Don’t leave a negative review for an easily remedied support issue (i.e. needing a new code). If the problem you’re having is AppSumo-specific, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of you. Otherwise, please reach out to the partner’s support team. Note: during launches, partners get flooded with questions and comments so we ask that you are patient with them!
- Please don’t use our platform to spam or shamelessly self-promote your content. We think your Instagram is really neat, but this isn’t the right place for it.
- This one goes without saying: please don’t impersonate AppSumo staff or partners when commenting. Be yourself, we love you just the way you are.
We think these rules are reasonable. And to keep the community a fun place to be, we reserve the right to moderate comments and ban users who commit #partyfouls.
Thank you for being a part of our community. We love bringing you dope deals and seeing you grow!
Party on and happy commenting :)
The AppSumo Team