AppSumo Community Guidelines
Hey Sumo-ling! We are so excited that you’re here. Come in, make yourself at home, have an ice-cold lemonade, and mingle with your fellow taco lovers. We only have a few house do’s and don’t’s — follow these and you’ll have the time of your life!
- Add value. Leave reviews with use cases and constructive feedback.
- Use the upvote function (vs. commenting “+1”) to help fellow Sumo-lings see the most relevant and helpful posts first.
- Test out the product before you review. We have an industry best 60-day money-back guarantee, so we ask that you buy and try a product before you give us feedback. That being said, if you have any questions about the product, feel free to ask!
- The best questions are specific and helpful to the community. Questions about specific feature functionality, use cases, upgrades, roadmap, etc. are all welcome and encouraged!
- Show us how you’re using the tools! Feel free to share your site, videos, or content if they showcase the product in use. (No affiliate links, please.)
- Let us know if you encounter bugs or a lack of functionality.
- Use the search feature (CTRL/CMD + F) to find a topic within the comments section before you post. Chances are, your question has already been answered so we can keep it clean.
- Don’t harass other Sumo-lings or partners. Racism, sexism, homophobia, tacoism (it’s a thing, look it up) will not be tolerated.
- Be disrespectful. Our partners have worked hard and spend a lot of time engaging with Sumo-lings and answering questions. We show our thanks by being respectful towards them. Read: please don’t leave rude reviews.
- Hold your tacos “hostage” — we spend months negotiating deals and do everything we can to make each deal beneficial for partners and Sumo-lings alike. If you don’t like the deal terms as they are, that’s okay, then this deal may not be for you.
- Don’t leave a negative review for an easily remedied support issue (i.e. needing a new code). If the problem you’re having is AppSumo-specific, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of you. Otherwise, please reach out to the partner’s support team. Note: during launches, partners get flooded with questions and comments so we ask that you are patient with them!
- Please don’t use our platform to spam or shamelessly self-promote your content. We think your Instagram is really neat, but this isn’t the right place for it.
- This one goes without saying: please don’t impersonate AppSumo staff or partners when commenting. Be yourself, we love you just the way you are.
In the event that one of these “Don’t Do’s” happens to slip into your comment, question, or review…there is a good chance that it will be denied.
That being said, accidents happen and here at AppSumo, you always have the opportunity to submit a new review, comment, or question.
Thank you for being a part of our community. We love bringing you dope deals and seeing you grow!
Party on and happy commenting :)
The AppSumo Team